Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 17th

  Pancakes, Hot Cocoa, and milk is what calls my name to wake up this morning. This morning is a volunteer day at the Chamocane Lake with Brian Water who is a fish manager.

  Brian told us the history about Little Falls Damn and how the damn doesn't not have a federal license because the damn is ran by the tribe meanwhile all the other damns are running by the state and ran by the BPA. Actually, Brian said that Yakamas have gotten fish or salmon from their river and went up to Wellpinit to drop fish down the stream (Sockeye Fish). The Chamocane lake has two Hatcheries, the Tribal Hatchery and the State Hatchery.

  My peers and I started getting gear on. Our goal today is to Trap and Release Pit Tagging For Rainbow trout. We continued going upstream for one mile trying to shock fish into nets so we can tag the fish and collect DNA data.

   After we got done and headed out to the camp, we had dinner. After dinner we then drove up to the hill where there is a lookout to watch over the town and trees. Once we reached the top of the hill and on the tower we watched the sunset and watched the night come in.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

July 22nd

TODAY IS THE DAY WE GO HOME!!! But first... I was extremely excited to go home today because I miss my family. But first, inventory. I too...