Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 11th

July 11th Day 3
Time Written: 9:50 PM

Place: Deschutes National Forest

 
The morning started with breakfast and a group game that I ended up being horrible at. Our first scheduled event was going North Twin Lakes, we hiked up and down removing plants that were pointing out in the trail. I had the most fun when I was able to saw a stump and I did not notice how fun it is to be outside and volunteer. It impacted me because that doesn't just help me understand how the little things count helping the environment, but helps other people around the world who enjoy being outside.

The next event we were able to move old trees to the creek to help protect willow trees when they grow over time. I was kind of exhausted having to help carrying the trees because I had walked quiet distance back at the other Lake.

My favorite part of the day was swimming in the Lake. I tried to go swimming out to the middle but this is the first time in the year to go swimming and I did not want to risk my life trying to reteach myself to swim.

Other than the long day I had it was fun and I enjoyed the time spent with new people. Although in my most humble way I am kind of fed up with the cold night and hot days and I did not even pack well but I've went camping but it was just around 2-5 days and not to, two weeks straight. I am ready for day four.


Add caption


As the day ends I took a picture of the trees reaching as high as they can to touch the starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 22nd

TODAY IS THE DAY WE GO HOME!!! But first... I was extremely excited to go home today because I miss my family. But first, inventory. I too...