Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 15th Umatilla To Wellpinit

   As the morning starts I'd like to thank the people and the community of Umatilla. Many people who represent their society have taken time out of their lives to teach college students and my high school classmates. Wenix Red Elk a mother, active community member for her people and a great teacher, has opened her home to us and I am thankful for everything she has done for three or so day.
   Wenix Red Elk requested us to check out the damn and the river flow heading to the Washington Border. I got to learn many things on how electricity works. One important resource in the pacific northwest is inexpensive and abundant hydroelectricity generate by Colombia river.
   As we leave the town we have a pit stop to wash our laundry because we are all running low on clean clothes. Four hours out of the day we were just relaxing in the laundry mat washing and drying our clothes and posting blogs.
   We arrive at the camp and we had dinner. Today was another fun travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 22nd

TODAY IS THE DAY WE GO HOME!!! But first... I was extremely excited to go home today because I miss my family. But first, inventory. I too...