Saturday, July 15, 2017

July 14th

  Make your voice be heard from all around the region. You have a voice, use it. Our stories passed on to us from our ancestors are what make us the person we are today.

 Today is the last day in Umatilla. Wenix Red Elk has a dinner planned for us and the community. I really appreciate the things she has planned out for us and the activities she had us take part in. I've learned that all the tribes have the same way of life. As a women you cook for your visitors, you introduce yourself and your parents or grandparents. Wenix is a women of hospitality for cooking a meal for all the students and staff.

Before the feast was taken place. We went to Wenix's sister, Acosia Elk ( a pow-wow dancer and Yoga Instructer). Acosia had beautiful ways of using tradition in yoga and bring out yourself in your own way through stretching your body "connecting your body to the ground, the core of earth and reaching within to release the trauma from our ancestors) as she said. This trip out of both places we have traveled to in this passed week. I find this part of the trip to be the best one yet.

1 comment:

  1. Jayenell,

    I have enjoyed your writing. You are wise beyond your years! It sounds like the trip has been a great time for everyone.

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete

July 22nd

TODAY IS THE DAY WE GO HOME!!! But first... I was extremely excited to go home today because I miss my family. But first, inventory. I too...